Leading international media company
Contract lawyer Distribution
- Drafting standard form and bespoke distribution contracts with platform operators for carriage of the subscription television channels owned and/or operated by DCE via cable, IPTV, xDSL etc.
- Supporting all aspects of the distribution business with TV platforms across NEE, including contracts, strategic issues (e.g. relating to TV Everywhere), dispute resolution and contract compliance issues.
- Assisting with other agreements such as: advertising sales contracts; programme sponsorship agreements; IT/ IP licences; service provider appointments.
- Assisting with drafting and negotiating new media contracts dealing with distribution of content via mobile telephony and on line platforms.
- Assisting with the drafting and negotiation of technical agreements that relate to the NEE region.
- Assisting with company secretarial matters relating to Discovery’s Russian subsidiary companies.
- Assisting the VP and SVP Legal Distribution (both based in London) and supporting the Legal Department in general.
- General advisory role on legal matters.
- Education: University degree in law;
- 3+ years of PQE with international/ top local law firms or high-profile media/ cable & satellite business;
- Profound knowledge and experience in IP and content distribution agreements/ matters, general commercial laws and regulations, including international aspects and instruments; mass media and broadcasting laws and regulations.
- Flexible, commercial, practical problem solving approach with good organizational skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Ability to work within a multifunctional team and ability to develop and implement workflows. Ability to interact effectively on a multiregional level. Working within an internal matrix organization is essential.
- Clear and concise communicator (both orally and written) – ability to present and distil legally complex issues into legally compliant but practical and commercial solutions, in a way that engages the key stakeholders.
- Excellent and proven negotiation skills – to deliver both proper legal protection to the company and excellent commercial results.
- Strong attention to detail, accurate and thorough.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage own time judiciously and deal effectively with the competing interests of several different departments.
- Confident, sociable and ability to interact with clients from different cultures and backgrounds.